The mission of the Antibiotics Council of NIAA is to facilitate and encourage:
- The judicious use of antibiotics in food animal production to ensure public health, food safety, animal health and welfare
- Applying sound science as the basis for decision-making and policy development regarding antibiotics in food animal production
- Education and communication on the role, benefits, risks and most current information on antibiotic uses in food animal production
- Leadership and partnership with food chain stakeholders (from farms to consumers to allied industry, etc.) to promote judicious antibiotic use policies and practices
- Measurement of the effects of interventions on outcomes.