Co-Chair: Dr. Leah Dorman – Phibro Animal Health Corporation
Co-Chair: Dr. Eric Moore – Norbrook Inc.
The NIAA Antibiotics Council seeks to enhance an animal agriculture industry that is aligned with judicious antibiotic use policies and practices.
The mission of the Antibiotics Council of NIAA is to facilitate and encourage:
- The judicious use of antibiotics in food animal production to ensure public health, food safety, animal health and welfare
- Applying sound science as the basis for decision-making and policy development regarding antibiotics in food animal production
- Education and communication on the role, benefits, risks and most current information on antibiotic uses in food animal production
- Leadership and partnership with food chain stakeholders (from farms to consumers to allied industry, etc.) to promote judicious antibiotic use policies and practices
- Measurement of the effects of interventions on outcomes.